“Mary’s Medicine” tells the true story of Jamaican nurse Mary Seacole. Mary helped pioneer many holistic medicinal practices during Victorian England. Her methods were controversial for the time and some sought to destroy her reputation. Half Jamaican and Scottish Mary struggled with her identity in the world. Not to be dissuaded she worked hard to prove herself a valuable person in the fields of nursing and medicine. Despite being a decorated hero of the Crimean war history seems to have forgotten Seacole, but now on stage her incredible story of determination, courage and wits will be told. Taken from the website.
- JENNETTE MCCURDY’s I’m Glad My Mom Died @ Hudson Theatre in West Hollywood – Review
- Interview with Co-Creator LIZZY MCCABE about The Garage Theatre Ensemble
- Zip Code Plays Season Two @ Antaeus Theatre Company in Glendale – Review
- Noise Now Presents: Sonnets for an Old Century @ A Noise Within in Pasadena – Review
- IAMA Theatre Company presents: Anyone But Me – Review